EXIF broken after adding code EXIF broken after adding code

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

EXIF broken after adding code

Started by dshade69, September 14, 2004, 02:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dshade69

I recently added code to enable gif support in coppermine.  The thread is http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=9305.0.  Well everything seem to be working fine but now all my images have lost their exif data, and no exif data is being saved when I upload pics.  I have already set up a mod to resize pictures, and I had the exif data working after that, so I am assuming when I changed the files to add gif support I somehow broke exif support.  Any ideas?  If no actual code, then even where to look.  I tried turning on debug but didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

dshade69

Ok with a little research into the mysql exif table I note that some pictures that were uploaded before still retain their exif data and the data still displays correctly.  Looking through the table I am finding entries for temp images such as this:

./albums/edit/temp_mHTTP_temp_6b5ab525.JPG

that still have the exif data saved.  Of course this file no longer exists.  Looking at the exif data, these look to be temp files that were created when I uploaded images recently so the exif data was fine, and read correctly but the point where it fails is writing it back to the file.  Could someone please let me know the file & section of code that would write this data back to a file.

Thank you.

*EDIT* Oh, and for part two, why are the exif entries for these temp files not being cleared, and how can I fix that.

ComplexRetribution

*Bump*

I need an answer to a similar problem as above where my exif data is not being shown anymore. No changes have been made to the code. It was working then it stopped and it's not being shown for any image now - anyone?
I thought I saw a light at the end of the tunnel, but it was just some bastard with a torch bringing me more work.
Chi Verace Durera