[Solved]: Error uploading! [Solved]: Error uploading!

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

[Solved]: Error uploading!

Started by olti, August 15, 2004, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olti

As user I'm getting this erros message when i try to upload files:
Warning: opendir(./albums/edit): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/galeria/upload.php on line 409

Any hepl?

kegobeer

Have you created a directory called edit in your albums directory, and CHMOD'd it to 755 or 777?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

olti

No I don't have created such directory!

Nibbler

Then create one and CHMOD as advised.

olti

I have no idea how to do that!  ::) :-\\

kegobeer

You uploaded your files using FTP, right?  Just use your FTP program to create a directory in /albums, call it edit, and CHMOD it to 755 or 777.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

olti

No, I don't use ftp to upload files. Ok I can create a directory, but what is CHMOD!

Today I'm getting this error message (see below) and I can't upload files anymore! :(

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_11bccdf4.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/galeria/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpc16Sfi' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_11bccdf4.jpg' in /var/www/html/galeria/upload.php on line 1197

I wonder 'cos this problem don't appear before, but just this 2 days  :-\\

olti

Thank you guys. The problem is solved. :)

ener101

OK! I'm having a similar problem with the 777 or 755 permissions. I googled UNIX permissions but I don't know exactly where to change those permissions. I use FrontPage and upload all of my images that way.

Can you please let me know where to change these permissions.

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

frontpage and it's built-in ftp client can't do that, you'll need a "real" ftp client. I recommend WS_FTP. The tutorials to be found when googling for CHMOD should tell you so as well.

GauGau

inrepose

Just thought I would add that I had this problem.   I had a valid "edit" folder and it was set to 755.  I did the chmod to 777 and this did not fix the fault.    Only after deleting edit and re-creating the folder did the upload start to work again.

Robin
http://www.rottenlead.com

inrepose

I lied.  I just tried it a second time and I still get the failed to transfer upload error.

I have had the system running OK for a couple of Months and my tmp folder is R/W 777. The edit folder is also 777.   Is there another solution? Thank you.

www.rottenlead.com