No file was uploaded - SOLUTION / FAQ for Windows Coppermine Installations No file was uploaded - SOLUTION / FAQ for Windows Coppermine Installations

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

No file was uploaded - SOLUTION / FAQ for Windows Coppermine Installations

Started by keltec, October 28, 2004, 06:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keltec

Hi all,

I thought rather than asking a question this time I share some info for the FAQ perhaps.

I'm running PHP 5.0.1 on Windows 2003 Server running IIS6.0
The issue I had from Coppermine 1.3.2 running on this was someone had reported uploading a corrupt image, then all users shortly thereafter reporting that they were getting a message "No file was uploaded" and could no longer upload files.

I tried this myself and thought that maybe I had an extrenuous number added to the category for upload users.  Changed that but no luck.  Then I found a thread relating to corrupt uploads.  Still no luck.  Then I noticed a thread here where one person was exhibiting the same problem as me and was promptly redirected elsewhere to have their problem solved - DAMN!

Anyway after some consideration and thought taken into the problem I looked at the System Event Log on Windows 2003 server and noticed that a user had exceeded their quota.  I then checked the Quota management for that disk and noticed that the IUSR account had exceeded its quota...... ->

By Default, Windows 2003 Standard, Enterprise and Small Business Server install Disk Quota management for all users and define a general restriction of 50Mb as their limit, with a warning at 30Mb.  The Quota that exceeded was the IUSR_[Servername] account as it abstracts all read/write operations to the disk from PHP.

So to change this setting you can either disable quota's for the disk, disable quota's on a per user basis, or disable a specific users' quota restrictions.

For me, I disabled quota management altogether for the IUSR account and increased the quota's for other Active Directory authenticated users that pass through other parts of my site to a higher number.

Anyhoo, throught this might help someone in the future that experiences the same problem.

Warm regards,

Jase.