PHPBB upgrade to 2.0.11 - Can't upload now! PHPBB upgrade to 2.0.11 - Can't upload now!

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

PHPBB upgrade to 2.0.11 - Can't upload now!

Started by xDazedx, November 22, 2004, 12:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xDazedx

I have Coppermine 1.3.1. I upgraded the forums to the new release. Now when I go to upload a picture, I get the below error message.
Other than that, the gallery looks fine. You can access everyone's pictures. You just can't upload anything lol. Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/upload.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Joachim Müller

a forbidden (403) error indicates improper server setup, not an issue with coppermine. Make sure you don't have a policy set up in an .htaccess files that keeps the surfer from accessing the page, and make sure the permissions (CHMOD) are set correctly.
Links to your actual site plus a test user account (non-admin) might help as well.

You're recommended to upgrade to the most recent version of coppermine as well (cpg1.3.2).

Joachim

xDazedx

I was just coming back to delete this. I did the upgrade last night on phpbb and then my server went down. I tested just about everything and it seemed ok. I had a message this morning about people not being able to upload. My assumption was the new code caused and error.

I have another site that I did not make any modifications to. I tested it and had the same error message so I realized my host must have some existing issues from last night.

Thanks for the quick reply. Once this issue is resolved I will upgrade coppermine.