Need help, uploading pics, server crashed Need help, uploading pics, server crashed

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Need help, uploading pics, server crashed

Started by PFDbb, December 06, 2004, 03:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PFDbb

I need some help.  A couple of days ago our webhost crashed.  We had to reinstall Coppermine.  It seems as if the harddrive still has all of our pictures that there uploaded, but since they were uploaded before we had to reinstall...the current "gallery" doesn't know they exist.  This is what the web host support guy had to say about this>
It seems that the images are there on the hard drive but the database doesn't know anything about them which makes sense since the database is the part of that installation that was trashed.

You might not have to reupload images IF the gallery software can be told to import images that you have on the the server.  Look and see if there is an import function.  If so, the path to the directories that contain the images is:

/home/shelley/domains/picketfencedesignsforums.net/public_html/gallery/
albums/userpics/10001 thru 10009.

Given that the userpics dir was created by the gallery program, it might not want to import anything from those dirs so you might have to use the file manager to copy those pics to another dir before doing the import...

my question is can this be done through the 'add batch files' option?  I clicked on that to give it a try but I am not given anything besides the "Select directory...This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP...Select the directory where you have uploaded your files...Powered by Coppermine Photo Gallery"  there is no box or anything to select any directory with. 

Please help and I hope I'm posting in the right place...

Shel

kegobeer

Files in the userpics (and subdirectories contained within) directory can't be batch added.  They belong to the previous users, so if you want them added to public albums you'll have to move them to a new directory (like albums/oldpics) to batch add them.

Any other files that are in subdirectories under the albums directory (for instance, albums/uploads) can be batch added.  Since thumbnail and intermediate images exist, they won't be recreated.

Can you explain how your gallery was set up before?  Did you have members that had their own personal albums?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

PFDbb

We had public albums and private albums I guess you would call them.  When the gallery software was reinstalled, he reinstalled it over the previous version.  So I have files of all the old stuff and the new stuff all mixed together.  This is just getting way too cofusing...let me ask this. 

If I installed Coppermine to a new database...can I copy the files from the previous database into the new database? if so, please give really simple instructions on how to do that.  I'm just trying to save everyone's photos the easiest possible way....

thanks for the help!

chtito

Quotemy question is can this be done through the 'add batch files' option

Yes. But you need to move the pictures to the "album" folder (this is where coppermine looks for the picture during a batch upload).

Good luck!!
Vous pouvez poser vos questions en français sur le forum francophone !

kegobeer

The files aren't stored in the database, they are on your webserver.  You could probably move each user's gallery directory out from under userpics to the albums directory and rename it to the members name, or something else easier than 10001.  You could then create a public album for each member and batch add the pictures there.

That's how I would go about doing it.  I don't see the need to do another install of Coppermine.  If you still have trouble understanding the steps, PM me your contact info and I'll help you off-line.

This shows how important it is to do frequent backups of your mysql database and your website in general.  Most hosts have a backup utility - after your gallery is up and running again you may want to consider looking into these options.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

PFDbb

I have prolly been doing this the long way...and it seems like it.  I copied files to the clipboard and then copied the clipboard files into a folder.  Only not all of the pictures are showing up (red x's) and when I try to delete them from the database I get this message

Directory 'albums/oldpics/' is not writable, files can't be deleted

I will PM you my yahoo contact info (hope you have that) but I don't know when I'll be able to work on this.  Mostly it's just for a few minutes here and there throughout the day....

thanks for all your help so far!!  I really appreciate it. 

PFDbb

also wanted to add that we just got all this set up.  We have only had it for a couple weeks and just got it all set up and then it crashed...

also...not to confuse the topic but what is the difference between Coppermine for phpNuke..... I found a Coppermine Gallery that I really like the format of and would like to get mine to look like this if I can.....

http://create.kindredcreations.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&meta=lastup&cat=0 is the site that I like....

www.picketfencedesignsforums.net/gallery is my site

Joachim Müller

Quote from: PFDbb on December 07, 2004, 11:49:18 PMalso...not to confuse the topic but what is the difference between Coppermine for phpNuke..... I found a Coppermine Gallery that I really like the format of and would like to get mine to look like this if I can.....
But you are hijacking the thread. You mustn't!
The difference between coppermine standalone and the nuke port is that we only know the standalone version and have no idea of the nuke port. Both apps differ greatly, they have only in common some distant "ancestor". However, you can customize the look of your coppermine install to anything you want, that's what we call "themes". Go to the demo and play with the "Coose a theme" dropdown to get an idea of what is possible with the usage of themes.

Joachim