Is removing Pics NOT named "normal_..." and "thumbs allowed? Is removing Pics NOT named "normal_..." and "thumbs allowed?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Is removing Pics NOT named "normal_..." and "thumbs allowed?

Started by Trexxz, December 09, 2004, 06:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trexxz

When i batchconvert my pics local, and afterwards synchronised them with my server and after loading them into a album. Is it safe to remove all but "normal.....JPG" and the thumbs? Idon't wanna used the tool for it for  my host has UNIX enterprise and that company doesn't support GD2 yet... so my host says thendon't want to doe research, that's why they have the enterprise version. - or is my host telling me bedtime stories?-

Joachim Müller

Unix is an operating system, GD2 is an image library that comes with most recent distributions of php, so yes: your host is telling you bedtime stories - having Unix or any other operating system doesn't have an impact wether you can or can not have GD lib.
Once a pic exists in coppermine's database you mustn't touch it by ftp - removing the original sized file manually will result in a broken link. It's advisable to batch-resize your pics before upload: if you do resize them locally before upload to the size you set up for intermediate images in coppermine config, there won't be any surplus images on your server - this is the recommended way, especially if you're short on webspace.

Joachim

Trexxz

Sjeez,
That was a record in answering a question! Many thanks! I get the picture..... the trick is to set the size of the new pics under the size for de mediate picture as entered in the admin menu.. ore do i have to set the exact size? And how do i reset the size for my existing pics for they are already loaded into a album and therefore in the database? Do i have to remove the album and do it over again?

and i'll have to get real close with my host about the GD2 support  >:(

Okay, Good enough for me  ;D