batch upload from another directory batch upload from another directory

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

batch upload from another directory

Started by revjoe, October 01, 2004, 10:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revjoe

Is there any way to batch load images from a directory from a source outside of the cpg path?  Basically I have the following.

Coppermine is installed in /CPG/ So albums would be /CPG/Albums/  I can add files from here fine,  But I have a large store of images that are in another directory structure from /library/$authorname/$authorbook/images/ ($authorname and $authorbook being real names of authors and their books).....  So the question is there any way to leave the directory structure in place but batch add images from those locations?

Thanks

Joe

Joachim Müller

add a symlink inside the albums folder that points to those other dirs, but be warned: coppermine doesn't move files around - the have to stay where they are. Another thing to keep in mind: the webserver needs write permissions in those folders outside of coppermine as well.

Joachim

revjoe

hrm..... that should work, but...

Windows user = Me = 4tehlose.

But I can change the root of my albums folder to anywhere in my path right?  I could make the album root = /library and then put all my other non library images into the library path right?

Thanks..

Joachim Müller

you could make the album folder in coppermine config point to a directory outside the coppermine folder, that's correct (although not recommended).

Joachim

rvblog

I'm just curious why it is not recommended - what are some of the problems that could happen if you did point to a directory outside the coppermine folder??

Joachim Müller

There's a bug in the cpg1.3.2 release files that has the hardcoded folder "albums" in it (instead of respecting the settings for your custom folder outside of coppermine). To fix this, you would have to replace all your coppermine files with an actual checkout of the devel branch of the cvs. There might as well be permission issues and other things, but in fact the recommendation just is there to keep things simple for users, and to keep them from messing with the files once they exist in coppermine's database - you mustn't touch them with another app once they are in the db. If you know your way around: change it. If you don't: keep the albums folder the way it is set up by default.

Joachim