db_input.php shows blank page, no upload db_input.php shows blank page, no upload

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

db_input.php shows blank page, no upload

Started by Cobalt, December 26, 2004, 05:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobalt

Hi,

I'm using Coppermine 1.3.2 on PHP 4.3.6 with GD 2.0.22. Installation went smooth and the albums/, albums/edit/, albums/userpics are all chmodded to 777. Batch Add also works perfectly after ftp'n to albums/

The thing is that uploading a single/multiple files using http upload doesn't work. I've read through the forum and set the group to Single File Upload, and also set Debug on. This is what happens:
- I select Upload File
- select the album, select the file and fill out title and the description field
- click upload
- The next page (/db_input.php) is blank. No error msg, nothing.

I've tested this on both my mac and pc with the latest Safari, FireFox and IE6. Hopefully you can help me out :)

I've created a test account (no admin privs, just a user with upload privs to album "Diversen") of which I can PM to you the user/pass upon your request if needed.

Thanks for the great work!
Ray

kegobeer

You must not have heard about the security vulnerability in PHP 4.3.9 and earlier.  You must upgrade to 4.3.10 and upgrade your Zend optimizer to 2.5.7 to secure your website.  Do this before anything else.

After you do that, post your test username and password here so we can help solve your problem.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kegobeer

In db_input.php, look for "@unlink" and replace with "unlink".  You can also look for "@preg_match" and replace with "preg_match".  Try uploading again and see if any error messages are displayed.

You can also look thru your server error logs for error messages.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Cobalt

thanks for your reply. I will update everything to the latest versions when I can.

I tried your tip on @unlink and @preg_match however I get the same results -> blank page.
In addition to that I have something else which is strange. In the batch upload, about half of the jpg images are imported in an album and the other half isn't. I can view all pictures normally with iPhoto on my mac. The ones that are imported show the OK icon behind the filename and the others show a "broken image" icon. When I click on that icon (as per suggestion) I also get a "blank page".

I'll update all version (php etc) as soon as I can. If you think of any other things for me to try meanwhile, please let me know.

Cobalt

I did find this on some board. The symptoms are somewhat related to my problem.

Dec 14 2004, 05:28 PM
Alright running some things on a Slack 10 box using Apache 1.3.31, PHP 4.3.9 and MySQL 4.0.22.

I want to upgrade to MySQL 4.1.7 without going to PHP 5 as I tried that and its way too sketchy. From what I can understand the only difference is that the passwords may cause a problem (but I tried using the set password to the old password style and that did nothing).

The problem is this:

I can install MySQL 4.1.7 and it will work fine - until I restart apache. (Even though apache/php may not have noticed the change the database still functions as normal). Now once I reset it I simply get a blank screen. Enabling all error logging/display in php does nothing. (Yes I restart apache). So I get a blank screen with no errors showing up. If I revert to MySQL 4.0.22 and reset it works fine again. Now if I use 4.1.7 but don't start the MySQL server apache still white screens me. It won't say there's an error connecting to the database. If I'm running 4.0.22 and kill mysqld then i do get the php can't connect to db error.. and if i upgrade to 4.1.7 without restarting apache it still says this. then when i startup the db it works fine. So its only once I reset apache that I get this white screen problem. I looked throught the package log but can't see any files which I think the install would be affecting for php or apache..

Maybe its a problem with php4's mysql access drivers so is there a way i can update mysql.so without updating to php5? The thing is that the old drivers DO work because as long as apache/php thinks its mysql 4.0.22 it works even if its 4.1.7 that is running (which adds to my confusion). I'd much rather stick with what works but I want to have MySQL 4.1.22 and I've done a lot of googling but haven't been able to find anything to help me

(btw I'm using the msql packages from www.linuxpackages.net if this makes a diff).

Thanks in Advance!

Terragen

Dec 14 2004, 05:30 PM
Some clarification:

Ok here's the problem. Both coppermine and phpbb don't work. They simply show a white screen. I traced the problem to the following php functions:

mysql_connect
and
sql_db

calls both kill php and cause it to stop processing (but no errors are generated at all).

Now the weird thing is that this works fine with MySQL 4.1.7 as long as php thinks its MySQL 4.0.22 - so the server accepts the commands fine but as soon as i hit apachectl restart and php knows its 4.1.7 then it starts doing the white screen thing (where php stops processing so i get no output and no errors).

weird.
Terragen

I did an upgrade to PHP 4.3.10, also MySQL to 4.0.23 (as a first step to a later version). I've upgraded MySQL using RPM's and all seemed to be succesful however the phpinfo() still shows I'm running 3.23. Did the install, restarted the daemons, even rebooted. Still the same. I'll have to look into that.

The problem of the blank page still remains.

Ray

ps. All the best for 2005!!

Cobalt

Well, I've upgraded everything to the latest releases. Still no dice. Then I thought, well let's switch to ImageMagick instead of using GD. Yessss, that works!
No more problems with getting the "blank page", multiple uploads work too. Everything works perfectly now!

However, I am curious as to why this doesn't work with GD. It should, right? Is there someone who is running this installation with GD?

Anyway, I'm happy that it works.

kegobeer

Your host is responsible for compiling PHP with GD support.  You should ask them.

Cobalt

well, that "host" would be me. I compiled the latest GD with the latest PHP and the latest Apache ... ImageMagick does the trick now, I'm just interested to know if a) this normally should work with GD compiled with the latest versions and b) what caused the "blank page". Also if there is an advantage of using ImageMagick over GD (or vice versa).

Joachim Müller

you shouldn't use the term "latest version", but the actual version numbers, for two reasons:
  • the latest version may not be the same for you than for us
  • this thread remains here on the forum: if someone comes here looking for similar issues next year, the "latest version" available then will not be the latest version available now.
Joachim