No thumbnails on album or batch add process No thumbnails on album or batch add process

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

No thumbnails on album or batch add process

Started by fernandose, February 23, 2005, 09:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fernandose

I know a lot of people have posted about thumbnail issues, but i checked most of them and none of them help me with my problem.

When i batch add process, i don't see any thumbnails when lookin at the pics (click on the link below for screenshot)
http://img102.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img102&image=dad16ar.jpg

When i tried insertin the 'non-existent' pics and try to look at them in the main album section this is what i see:
http://img158.exs.cx/img158/9587/dad22lx.jpg

Please could some help....
Thanks

Joachim Müller

Post a link and test user account (non-admin) with upload privileges please, with debug_mode turned on and notcies_display turned off in coppermine config, and "file upload method" temporarily set to "Single file uploads only" in groups manager for all relevant groups.

Joachim

fernandose

Ok ive created a user for you, and sent the details by pm to you aswel.

kegobeer

Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

fernandose

mmm you sure thats safe?
my album is a private album which i only want my family to see,  i trust you people only because you are admins.
If you want i can pm you the user details aswel.

Joachim Müller

you have been told to post, not to send PMs. Posting a regular user account can do no harm - you only have to be carefull not to post an admin account. Once your issue is solved, it's safe to delete/disable the user account you posted, so there will be no harm done at all.
If you don't come up with a really good reason why you can't post an account, there's little we can do - we don't do individual support.

Joachim

fernandose

Ok.....

Address: http://www.samix.net/members/album
Username: testme
password: 123
Catargorie: Dads 50th Birthday 21st Feb

kegobeer

Are you using GD2 or ImageMagick?  If you are using ImageMagick, have you tried switching to GD2?

I also notice spaces in filenames, which can cause problems.  Try batch adding pictures without spaces in their names.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

fernandose

None of your suggestions worked.

Was originally on GD2, tried imagemagik anyway but still no thumbnails.

Tried filenames without spaces...still no success

Any more suggestions?

Ive emailed by hosting company asking if GD2 or imagemagik is currently under going any changes...

(thanks guyz for your support, quick and efficient)

Nibbler

Have you tried rebuilding normals + thumbs using admin tools ?

fernandose

thanks for your suggestion, but it didn't work..

Nibbler

fernandose

this is the message it gave me:

Updating thumbnails and/or resized images, please wait...
albums/Dads 50th Birthday/thumb_dad50 006.jpg updated succesfully!
albums/Dads 50th Birthday/thumb_dad50 005.jpg updated succesfully!
albums/Dads 50th Birthday/thumb_dad50 001.jpg updated succesfully!
albums/Dads 50th Birthday/thumb_dad50 002.jpg updated succesfully!
albums/Dads 50th Birthday/thumb_dad50 003.jpg updated succesfully!
albums/Dads 50th Birthday/thumb_dad50 004.jpg updated succesfully!

But there still arn't any thumbnails....
Also btw i cant access the normal photos either cause there is no link to them.

What i'll try is do a clean upload of all pictures and delete all the old ones.

Joachim Müller

OK, for troubleshooting, you should do this:
  • go to coppermine config
  • set debug_mode to "yes:everyone"
  • set "display_notices" to "no"
  • go to "groups
  • set "method for uploads" to "Single file uploads only" for all relevant groups (at least admin and registered)
  • use http uploads (the "upload file" link from the coppermine menu) to upload a known-good jpeg file with small filesize and dimensions (take one from our demo page for example)
  • Report any errors you get (not the debug output, but the error message)

fernandose

Sorry for being inactive for last couple of days, but i now know what the problem after hours of messing aronud.

The problem is on my side, my browser firefox are not displaying thumbnails for any album that is created from now on, so that means i can see thumbnails from my previous albums but not newly created ones.

However if i broswe any album with microsoft internet explorer, everything is fine, i see all thumbnails.

So the question piece of code is preveting firefox from download thumbnails?

Also found another error in my album, i know whats casuing it but dont know how to fix it. When looking through a catorgoriey i can not click on the image to receive the full sized raw jpeg. I think this is because of my javascript menu on the top of the page and this is what causes the errors in the taskbar in internet explorer.

kegobeer

There nothing that prevents Firefox from displaying images.  If your javascript menu is wreaking havok, it could be the source of your Firefox issues as well.  IE doesn't pay attention to HTML standards, but Firefox does.