pictures are not showing and another problem... pictures are not showing and another problem...

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

pictures are not showing and another problem...

Started by nee7989, January 12, 2005, 09:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nee7989

i'm a new to all of this... first off, i am using php 4.3.4, linux, and all the settings on my gallery are on the defaulted ones.  i have installed cpg.  but when i went to upload a single picture via the "upload file" link on top of the page or through FTP, the picture is uploaded it seems, but when i go to see it in both admin and user mode (or even when i'm logged out), the picture and even its thumbnail are X'ed out.  how can i fix this?  

also, everytime i select the option on the config panel to let viewers know my gallery is offline, it doesn't work.  i select "yes" where it says "gallery is offline" and save the changes... but everytime i go back to the config panel, it says "no" again.  and if i go to my gallery (after being logged out) i still see my gallery with the X'ed out pictures--i don't see the "gallery offline" page that i'm supposed to be seeing.  

i'm new at this and any help would be greatly appreciated... i'm sure this is probably simple to most of you  ;)

nee7989

also, my permissions are set to 777.  i did not upload the pics to the userpics or edit folders either... i don't know what the problem could be then...?  thanks again in advance for any help

kegobeer

Before we tackle your problems, you need to upgrade PHP to 4.3.10, and your Zend optimizer to 2.5.7.  There are security vulnerabilities in PHP < 4.3.10.

Try this for your settings problem.

What method are you using to resize your images?

Enable debug and notices (if you can't via the config page, use phpmyadmin to set them in the _config table).

You can try searching for red x upload, thumbnail x, and variations of that.  There are many threads with this problem, maybe one will help you.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

We have a "one question per thread" policy on this forum, you agreed to respect it when you signed up for your account - that's probably the reason why you didn't get an answer on the "gallery is offline" question. Recommended way to actually get an answer: search the board as well...

Joachim

nee7989

thanks, kegobeer, for all your help.  i really appreciate it.  i tried the link you gave me for my gallery is offline problem, but it still didn't work... i'll keep trying and searching for other ways though like i have been, and i will have to get back to you on the version of perl i am using... i don't have my own server, and my host uses perl 4.3.4.  but the good news is, i finally got my pictures to show thanks to your help... the gallery offline option still doesn't work for me though... i'll keep searching.  i enabled the debug and notices, should i post that here for the gallery offline problem? 

thanks again for your help, kegobeer

kegobeer

Yes, post your debug and notices and any error messages.

Did you do an upgrade or did you install a fresh copy of 1.3.2?  You should use phpmyadmin to look at your _config table to see if you have a field called "offline".
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

paulraj

while uploading image the following message is displayed
          /albums/userpic/10001/ch001image.jpg can't be inserted.  Execution error line 4
                     " Can't Execute imagemagick"   

pls help me in fixing the problem.

kegobeer

Verify the path to ImageMagick is correct.  Verify it is installed properly (read: your host must install it).  If you can't get it working, switch to GD2.