Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script ! Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !

Started by dead, January 21, 2005, 05:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead

I don't know what is going on and why it doesn't work (it works perfect 2 weeks before but now ...). Please Help me !!
http://spinek.com/dead/album/index.php <- my CPG (u can reg and try upload files - I'm an admin and i can't :P - 1st time with this gallery i have that problems :(). When i try del or upl a fille - Destination directory albums/userpics/10001/ is not writable by the script !
In FTP i tryed change to 777 and I can't so i don't know what i must do to repair gallery  >:(

Joachim Müller

Try CHMODing to 755. If this doesn't help, contact your webhost for support. This depends on server setup, we can't give general advice on what permission level you need to set it to.
We will certainly not go through registration just to be able to support you. You either provide a test user account, or we won't look into this - we would have to register on hundreds of sites just for the sake of helping people - you can't be serious to actually ask us to register... :(

Joachim

dead

I have 755 and it doesn't work :P and my admin told me that i can post on this forum cause he doesn't know what happen and he can't help me :). Sry for this: "u can reg and try upload files " but i wrote that you can but if you don't want do this you ... :). OK so when my admin can't help me i must del all files on album (but a albums/userpics/10001/ i can't del cause it is protect :( what can i do with this ? is CPG have sth like uninstall ?). Thx for help :) !

Joachim Müller

urm, it sounds like your admin either is not a pro, or he was trying to get rid of you easily: tell him to CHMOD (and maybe CHOWN) the folder you're having troubles with, so that the script (or, to be more detailed: the user the webserver runs under) has rwx permissions. You might want to give him the url of this thread for reference, maybe you just didn't tell him properly what you want him to do.

To "uninstall" coppermine, you just delete all coppermine files from your server and go to your database (using a tool like phpMyAdmin) and drop the coppermine tables (they are all prefixed with the prefix you chose during install - if you used the default values, it's "cpg130_").

Joachim

dead

I change many things (FTP, serv ect.) and now album is working. Thx for help :D. Now i know what i must to do to repair CPG whith this problem :). Your advices were very helpful :).