First Timer, Upload not working First Timer, Upload not working

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

First Timer, Upload not working

Started by romeonate, January 26, 2005, 03:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

romeonate

I get the error that GD is not setup.

On the same server I have been using a Open-Realty that can either use ImageMagick or GD.  It is configured for GD and works just fine.
But Coppermine says it is not configured.

When I swich it to ImageMagick, it says that "Files uploaded", but the thumbnail is a broken image. 

Any ideas?

Server should have GD Setup, as the open-realty works with it, I am just at a loss.

Joachim Müller

I don't know what open-realty is and I won't look it up. To check if you actually have GD and PHP is set up to use it, take a look here: http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#VersionGD - post your findings here.

Joachim

romeonate

GD is not listed.  I checked the Open-Realty again, and it actually is setup for ImageMagick.

FYI:  Open-Realty is an open source Real Estate Listing system, that users either GD or ImageMagick to upload Images and automaticly create thumbnails. (much like coppermine)

Joachim Müller

As you don't have GD, but you appear to have ImageMagick, just make sure the ImageMagick path is set up correctly in coppermine config, and that Coppermine is set up to actually use ImageMagick (method for resizing images).
If your still have troubles uploading, enable debug_mode in coppermien config (woth notices display switched off), then go to "groups" and set "method for upload" to "Single file uploads only". Then try uploading again - you should get a full erro message that should tell you what actually goes wrong.

Joachim

romeonate

Thanks, that helped..

Here is what the problem was:

The first path I used for ImageMagick was the correct one.. however I was logged in as "admin" and my quota listed under "groups" was set to Zero.

I increased that, and it is now working.

Thanks!