My thumbnails are showing up in very low-definition? My thumbnails are showing up in very low-definition?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

My thumbnails are showing up in very low-definition?

Started by programguru, January 30, 2005, 05:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

programguru

Does anyone know why my thumbs are showing up in such low-def. I have tried every config that I though would relate to no avail.  Hope someone has an answer. Thank in advance.

http://jimwarrenproducts.com/catalog/cpg132/index.php

Casper

well, it would help us if we could see these thumbs.  Your gallery is empty.

What version of GD are you using, or is it imagemagick?  And what is your config setting for quality of jpeg files?
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

programguru

Sorry about that. Here is a working link w/ images. Ive been deleting and reloading etc etc. Ive tried just about everything (I have read in the forums(or I could find). to no avail. Thanks in advance. J

My image quality is 80

GD Ver 1

http://jimwarrenproducts.com/catalog/cpg132/index.php

kegobeer

Use GD2 instead.  Much better quality.  The image quality setting should be left alone.  All it does is add to the file size without doing much for improving the quality.  After all, thumbnails don't really have to be the highest quality since they are just a small representation of the original image.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

programguru

That worked! Thanks for the info!

BTW when I select this option "GD Ver2" is it actaully configured in my php.ini? I would like to understand this more. Is it a set of files? Any info I would be interested to here. Thanks again Kego!

Ja

kegobeer

To use GD2 with PHP, it's just a matter of uncommenting the line in php.ini.  No files to upload or anything like that.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

Quote from: kegobeer on January 30, 2005, 06:14:53 PM
To use GD2 with PHP, it's just a matter of uncommenting the line in php.ini.  No files to upload or anything like that.
...on windows only ;)