deleted albums, reuploading of pictures reveals "no new files" deleted albums, reuploading of pictures reveals "no new files"

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

deleted albums, reuploading of pictures reveals "no new files"

Started by theflinger, January 28, 2005, 04:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflinger

I had to delete my user galleries so I could set up a more centralized system following http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=7340.0

It worked but when I went to batch upload, it said No New file found.
I ran the database tool just to see if that would do anything but it did not help.
I have the files on my FTP - they did not get deleted when I followed those steps - but it is as if coppermine knows I have already added the files so it won't bother asking me if I want to reupload them. If that is the case, I guess I need to wipe its memory of my previous upload?

Thank you

theflinger

Joachim Müller

how did you delete the files in the first place? You mustn't delete them using your ftp app, you must delete them using the coppermine user interface (to get rid both of the files and the database entries. Coppermine won't let you add files that already exist in the database.

Joachim

theflinger

I did what the steps outlined - clicked delete next to each album :)

thanks

theflinger

Oh dear....
I think there was some problem with FTP caching or some weird thing..because now the files are gone from the FTP...which means it really didn't find any files :)

Will reupload and will not respond unless there is some other complication.

Sorry for wasting time :(

Joachim Müller

never heard of FTP caching, you should take a look at the settings of your ftp app and make sure the contents of directories are read everytime you access that particular folder.
Of course I'm glad to hear you were able to fix this on your own though.

Joachim