Pictures Pictures

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Pictures

Started by Mikelevy, February 15, 2005, 11:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikelevy

Im not exactly sure where this would go but it is dealing with pictures and I guess uploading. But I was wondering is there a way to rename the pictures? Because my friend gave them to me and just would like them renamed and I would also so I know what they are. For example say the file is qwer.jpg and its a picture of an apple and it would go under the category of fruit in the gallery. And say I just forgot to do this is there a way i can just rename the qwer.jpg to apple.jpg without ruining anything? or do I have to delete it and re-upload? Because I have done it with every picture and I was testing to make sure all the ones i uploaded were right and I just noticed or remembered that I had to rename them. Is there a way to do this? Do I just go into the place where the images are stored and rename them or?

kegobeer

There's no way to do this inside of Coppermine.  You would have to put your gallery into maintenance mode, then rename the files using your FTP client, and then use a tool like phpMyAdmin to change the file names in your cpg132_pictures table.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots