delete problem delete problem

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

delete problem

Started by opel, February 22, 2005, 04:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opel

I deleted a folder of images in my FTP application which in turn deleted it from the coppermine gallery. However, Coppermine still has the album and thumbnails created. I wanted to remove the blank albums from the database.

HOw do I do this?

The url for the gallery is: http://www.nuklearpuppy.co.uk/gallery/

kegobeer

You deleted files with your FTP client, not albums.  Albums exist only in the database.  To delete your pictures from Coppermine, use phpMyAdmin to manually delete all the problem entries from your cpg132_pictures table.

That's why you should never delete pictures/files with a FTP client - always delete from within Coppermine.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

lexy

I aM HAVING THIS SAME PROBLEM CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHERE I WOULD LOOK FOR THIS PHP/ALBUM DIRECTORY AS I AM A NEWBIE TO COPPERMINE I CANNOT LOCATE THIS SO I CAN DELETE FILES FROM THE DIRECTORY

donnoman

if you don't know how to use phpmyadmin then re-create the directory structure that you deleted with the ftp client. You only need the dirs, not all the pics.

then use coppermine to delete the pics and albums.

whent they're gone you can go back and remove the directories

Joachim Müller

@lexy: don't double-post! ::)

Joachim