Troubles uploading videos Troubles uploading videos

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Troubles uploading videos

Started by rune, February 27, 2005, 02:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rune

I have looked up and down the forum and google searched for a solution to this but nothing seems to work.

Here is the error I am getting;

Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded upload.php line 21

I updated the execution time in php.ini to be 240 instead of 30 but I still get this error, even after rebooting the server just to be sure the new setting took.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joachim Müller

there are some other server vars that have to be taken into account as well. Go through the sticky threads on this sub-board to find out more. What size was the file you tried uploading? Anyway, you (as coppermine admin) shouldn't use the http uploads feature anyway, but you should ftp-upload and then use coppermine's batch-add.

Joachim

rune

The file was just over 3Mb.  I usually just copy the pics over since I am on the same network as the servers, but I like to test things out and catch problems before my visitors do.

rune

Ok, so far I have found;

A suggestion to increase the Maximum execution time in php.ini which I have already done.
A suggestion to add set_time_limit(x); to the begining of the file, I added it and set x to 240.
A comment on changing the scripting timeout in IIS, I increased it from 90 to 240 seconds.
A comment on memory_limit, even though I am not getting a memory error it was all in the same post so I increased it by 5x.

After all those changes and a reboot I still get this;

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in \upload.php on line 21

I can't find anything more on this, is there anywhere else it could possibly be getting this 30 second maximum execution error from???

Joachim Müller

ftp-upload the pic you're having troubles with to your webspace and post a deep link to it, so we can take a closer look - maybe there's something fishy with the file itself.

Joachim