suddenly, upload problems suddenly, upload problems

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

suddenly, upload problems

Started by zippy1, March 12, 2005, 09:52:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippy1

Hi,
I've been using Coppermine for a month now and love it. I have a website and a friend has a website both using Coppermine. Both websites are on my server. Suddenly yesterday, both sites were unable to upload jpgs. I was in the middle of uploading when it occurred.

Here is the error message on the upload page and also on the results page:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(./albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_f83ab1c0.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phprCMvMt' to './albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_f83ab1c0.jpg' in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 1197

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /var/www/bikini/the_girls/cpg132/upload.php on line 453

Both websites had these errors.
I was able to fix the problem by chmod 755 to the edit file on each site. Why would this suddenly happen to two different sites at the same time? How would the permissions have been changed to both sites at the same time? What can I do to prevent this from happening again? Is something for the bug report?

Thanks,
--zippy

Joachim Müller

search for the error message you get.

Joachim

jlerner

Hi Zip,

Same thing happened to me.  I was right in the middle of an upload when I got those errors. I discovered that the permissions had been changed , and I was locked out of certain folders & files.  I re-set permissions 3 times, and only enjoyed a temporary success.

A side note - my page is hosted on godaddy.com, and I have had a number of problems regarding changed permissions. So far - godaddy tech support has been less than helpfull.

Joachim Müller