trying to upload around 5,000 images... having problems trying to upload around 5,000 images... having problems

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

trying to upload around 5,000 images... having problems

Started by bigdaddybryce, March 24, 2005, 02:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdaddybryce

I am trying to upload around 5,000 images. I have read a lot on the forums about the Windows XP Upload Utility but cannot find anything on how to use it to add files to coppermine.

I have uploaded all the files to the webserver and even split them up into several folders so that I only try to add about 400 images at a time. Every time it populates the thumbnail page and i select the album and then hit the insert selected files and i get an IE This page cannot be displayed. I try to add a single image and it works... But i cannot add a single image at a time since I have over 5k images today and will have around 7-10,000 more to add this weekend...

Any ideas?

Tranz

You server may not be able to process that many files at a time. Try doing a few dozen at a time. There is a mod that will do this for you automatically.

bigdaddybryce

thanks a lot... I got it figured out that I could do 207 pics at  a time