upload errors upload errors

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

upload errors

Started by mzsparrow, April 09, 2005, 12:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mzsparrow

Ive changed the permissions and whatever to 777/755, but im still getting these errors when i try to upload:

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/nickj/public_html/sparrow/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/nickj/public_html/sparrow/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/nickj/public_html/sparrow/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/nickj/public_html/sparrow/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/nickj/public_html/sparrow/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/nickj/public_html/sparrow/upload.php on line 453

OmegaGOD

It looks like it is a folder permission problem. Double check that the 'album' and the 'edit' directories are in fact 777.
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Rebasue

I am also getting the error still. I upgraded, and changed my permissions. I ever contacted my host, who says that it's possible the software is reseting the permissions?

I hated having to come and actually post a question...because I know you're flooded...but I've been searching for hours, and maybe I just don't know where to find the answer.

OmegaGOD

CPG does not change the permissions of the folders; however, we've received a few posts with regards to folder permissions being changed automatically. All I can tell you is that CPG is not the culpit. Check with your web-host. A few users have noticed that their client FTP program actually changes the permissions of folders when uploading content to them.

Hope this helps,

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Rebasue

This is what my host replied to me. "The problem is that this is a directory written by your PHP software. It is writing the files as something you don't have permissions too. You will need to make the changes within the software."

::)

I am sorry that I'm taking your time. I really am trying to figure this out on my own. I feel I've learned a lot today in the hours I've spent trying to learn all of this.

What if I were to delete the "albums/edit" file, and then create a new one? Right now, it's not even letting me open the edit file...saying I don't have permission to open it...even after I chmod it to 777 (also tried 755)

Do I sound totally stupid, or am I on the right track?

Rebasue

Okay! I am so excited! I figured this out on my own!

I actually deleted the existing "albums/edit" folder. It was chmod to 666, and it wasn't budging. I was denied access to open it, or change permissions. So I deleted it, and created another "edit" folder, set the permissions to 777, and I was allowed to do that I guess because I was the one who created it? Well, I don't quite understand it, but it totally worked! No more error message! :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

hypasha

Now I am excited..!! I did what you did..deleted edit folder (it was set to 666) how did that happen? anyway then chmodd to 777 and all back to working..thank you!!!!

now to figure out how to upgrade...so scarey for me..lol

agridoc

I had a similar problem with edit directory.

I realized that I could not upload without any obvious reason. I checked everything and found no error. I noticed that I could not access the "edit" subdirectory through FTP. I fixed by deleting, making it again and updating to 1.33. That was about April 27.

I don' t know how this occured as CPG was working OK. I have problem with big files and GD handling big photos but with smaller ones worked OK.