[redirecting to pictures url] how to save webspace ? [redirecting to pictures url] how to save webspace ?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

[redirecting to pictures url] how to save webspace ?

Started by snippyhollow, April 03, 2005, 03:41:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snippyhollow

Hello, i already read this : http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8287.0
but i dont think this is my problem ...
I've got a 100mo (clusterised server) webspace with all scripts and all apache feature (as GD2) i need for coppermine, and i've got 4go other webspace storage without scripts supports : so, as i take big pictures with my apn, i would like to have only the thumbnails stocked on my clusterised server and the big files on the big webstorage ! can i do this ? if so how can i do this ?
ThX for answers ...

OmegaGOD

Well, the intermediate and thumbnail files are all stored within the same directory as your 'large' files. If you are the owner of both these servers and bandwidth is not an issue, you could set up NFS and link the albums directory from one server to another.

Note: Everytime an image is served it will be sent from the server hosting the files to the other running coppermine before being served to the client web-browser. This would only be feasible if both servers are on the same local network since this would clog up your available aggragate bandwidth. You are essentually doubling your bandwidth usage for every image served.

Bottom Line: There are ways to do it; however, it's a real pain in the butt.
Recommendation: Get a new web-host that offers what you need on one server.
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.