batch folder batch folder

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

batch folder

Started by theChester, April 18, 2005, 04:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChester

The fact that there is no link to Select the directory   anywhere on the searchnew.php page is more troublesome than the typographical errors, which read:

"...add a batch of file that your have uploaded..."

So I just DL'd coppermine today, uploaded images for hours, and now cannot access them through the batch add program.
I was just getting started, and this has me stopped COLD in utilizing this program, as I have uploaded 200+ images and coppermine doesn't see them. Any help would be appreciated.

(post split from another thread. -Tranzndance)

Tranz

Did you upload them into the folder called userpics?

Are you using v 1.4?

theChester

Yep, using 1.4;

I didn't load them into userpics, but into a 'batch' directory instead.

Tranz

And the batch folder is in 'albums'? Did you get 1.4 from CVS or from a package?

theChester

Albums and Batch are peer directories inside my Galleries directory. (Userpics is there in the albums dir.)
I had set up an album but l don't see it as a directory.

My host (bluehost.com) offers coppermine, so when l clicked their link it delivered 1.4.

Tranz

Quote from: theChester on April 18, 2005, 05:06:36 AM
Albums and Batch are peer directories inside my Galleries directory. (Userpics is there in the albums dir.)
I had set up an album but l don't see it as a directory.
Did you change the setting in Config to point to the albums folder to Batch?

Quote from: theChester on April 18, 2005, 05:06:36 AM
My host (bluehost.com) offers coppermine, so when l clicked their link it delivered 1.4.
That can't be. It hasn't been released for production use yet. Could you please post a link to your gallery?

theChester

Woo-Hoo! Let's celebrate... I received your 2600th post!

*pop* Fizzzz... MMmmh..

OK, back to work...

K, I've updated the album directory to reflect the location of the image files, which is:

http://www.titality.com/gallery/batch/ak/Alaska%20Trip,%204-05/

Directory for user files is still userpix/

(Gallery is at http://titality.com/gallery/)

I checked the fantastico link at bluehost, and you're right-- it shows that the version is 1.3.2; the reason I thought it was 1.4 is that 1.4 appears at the bottom of several of the admin pages - "Util.mod 1.4 - Created by David Alberg Holm". There is no version number page that l've found as yet..

I thought it best to use the version as linked by the web host.. just getting started with this rendition as you can tell!

BTW, thanks for your help and attention!  I know this isn't exactly the right forum for this, but l couldn't find that either.  ;^)

Tranz

I've split your post from the other thread and moved the new thread over to the 1.3 board. Your gallery is definitely 1.3.2. The version number is in the source code, which is how I figured it out. As admin, you can see it when you go to Config.

theChester

Quote from: TranzNDance on April 18, 2005, 05:53:18 AM
I've split your post from the other thread and moved the new thread over ...

Found it.  I still cannot see files for the album, and the batch add (searchnew.php) screen has no link to search a directory.

I am assuming there is a utility that reads my file directory, converts my large files to thumbnails etc.

krkeegan

If I am understanding you right and after looking at you link I think I know what is going on. When you upload images into coppermine, unlike other gallery software, that is where the images will remain forever. Coppermine does not move images into the album directory when you add them to albums. I know this is different than other software I have used.

You need to put any pix you upload into the albums directory.

You have three options depending on your services with your webhost and how far along you are.

Worst option: you can re-upload all pix to the correct directory.

Better option: If you just started using coppermine you can delete the albums directory, rename your batch directory albums and reupload or recreate the child folders within albums that come with coppermine. And remember chmod 777 all folders.

Best option: If you have shell access mv batch albums/batch.

Then everything should work for you.

Don't give up on us yet, we can help and coppermine is imho the best gallery option.

Kevin
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. -Mr. Mackey, South Park

theChester

Thanks a lot; we'll give it a try.