Upload error & temp folder question Upload error & temp folder question

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Upload error & temp folder question

Started by gasparmedia, May 25, 2005, 05:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasparmedia

I have set all of my permissions to 777 (also set them to 755 with no luck)
i have written to my server with all the php.ini info (copy from the FAQ: General Upload Troubleshooting) and they said they have set it accoding to the list provided, i have set the group setting to single file upload.
i do notice there is talk about  a /temp or /tmp folder, but do not see where this folder should be. is it in the folder where i have cpg 133? or is it on the server side of it?

i am getting the typical error
No file was uploaded !
If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...
File: /usr/www/virtual/drunkgirlies/www.tampabaydrunks.com/pics/db_input.php - Line: 222

Debug:
Server restrictions (safe mode)?
------------------
Directive | Local Value | Master Value
safe_mode | Off | Off
safe_mode_exec_dir | no value | no value
safe_mode_gid | Off | Off
safe_mode_include_dir | no value | no value
safe_mode_exec_dir | no value | no value
sql.safe_mode | Off | Off
disable_functions | no value | no value
file_uploads | On | On
include_path | .:/usr/local/lib/php | .:/usr/local/lib/php
open_basedir | no value | no value

please help i've been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks now! if you need any more info  let me know

gasparmedia

i have created a test account
tampabaydrunks.com/pics (nsfw)
login: testuser
pass: 123456

Joachim Müller

well, does the server allow uploads? Some webhosts have http uploads disabled - ask them. Try the batch-add feature and report back if you can upload with this method (which is the recommended method for gallery admins anyway)

gasparmedia

i have not had a problem with the batch uploads i have already uploaded over 2000 photos that way, and the i had the server (webair) set it up for file uploads, and agree there should be a temp folder according to the FAQ quote below, but they are also unsure about the placement of it, wether it is a server side temp folder or in MySQL, or somewhere else, they are stumped on where this is to go. I want to have the ability for visitors to my site, and other crew members to be able to add thier own fun photos to the events we attend.

Quote7. upload_tmp_dir - This specifies the temporary directory where PHP stores uploaded files.The most common issue caused by this setting is an open_basedir warning.  In this situation, your server administrator has restricted the files that PHP can work with to a certain directory.  If he does not create and specify a temporary directory within the open_basedir restriction, PHP will attempt to use the OS temporary directory, and it will be rebuffed by the open_basedir restriction.

Joachim Müller

batch-add is not related. I was refering to http uploads only. Please ask your webhost for support on this issue.