Uncluttering the batch add section Uncluttering the batch add section

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Uncluttering the batch add section

Started by stormlifter, June 07, 2005, 03:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stormlifter

Well... as I've gotten to over a 10 or so albums, due to files I'm dealing with that's how it needs to be.   I'm wondering if there is a way to clear out the folders that are shown in the "Batch Add Files" section and if there is a way to clear some of the options under "add to this album" cause I've got some chapters of a book (non-copyright) on there... and the first album is called "chapter 1" etc... and when I want to add another book, I'm going to be stuck having to remmember which "chapter 1" is the right one... even if I rename it "_book title_ Chapter 1" I'm still stuck with about 50 options on a drop down menu ;)... that kinda makes me sad.

If someone has a solution to this madness please lemme know.   Thanks!

kegobeer

Use categories.  Your albums will be indented under the category in those dropdown boxes.

Book #1
  Chapter 1
  Chapter 2
Book #2
  Chapter 1
  Chapter 2

Create the category, then edit the album properties and put it under the newly created category.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots