Batch Add Files - No Directories Batch Add Files - No Directories

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Batch Add Files - No Directories

Started by prence, June 09, 2005, 08:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prence

Hey, I'm trying to do a batch add and like so many other people here, no directories show up to select from.

Before you ask..
Yes, I've read the manual.
Yes, I put the files in /public_html/thesawx/gallery/albums/upload/ rather than /userpics/
Yes, I made sure the folder is chmoded 777 (and have tried 755)

I'm pretty stumped, any suggestions?

Joachim Müller

don't name that folder "userpics". Name it something else and everything will work as expected. Don't use spaces in album names.

prence

Err.. let me rephrase what I said.

The directory I uploaded the images to is /public_html/thesawx/gallery/albums/upload/
It is NOT /userpics/ because it says not to use that.

Any more suggestions?

kegobeer

Create a subdirectory in /albums, set the permissions correctly, and try again.  Does that directory show up?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

prence

Nope, this time I created a directory called 'moree' in /albums/ and it still doesn't show up.
Perms are 777, I tried it with 755 on the new directory as well.

kegobeer

Do you ever get error messages displayed?

In seachnew.php, find

function display_dir_tree($folder, $ident)

below that, replace

if (!is_readable($dir_path)) return;

with

//if (!is_readable($dir_path)) return;

If that doesn't help, continue further down that function, and replace

//if (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && $file != "." && $file != "..") { // removed by following line for 'do not show folders with dots': gaugau 03-11-02
        if (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && substr($file,0,1) != "." && strpos($file,"'") == FALSE && $file != substr($CONFIG['userpics'],0,strlen($CONFIG['userpics'])-1)  && $file != "edit" ) {

with

if (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && $file != "." && $file != "..") { // removed by following line for 'do not show folders with dots': gaugau 03-11-02
        //if (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && substr($file,0,1) != "." && strpos($file,"'") == FALSE && $file != substr($CONFIG['userpics'],0,strlen($CONFIG['userpics'])-1)  && $file != "edit" ) {

See if that helps at all.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

prence

Nope, I don't.
I did the first fix you listed and it showed the directory and it all worked fine that way.  Not sure why it does, but thanks a lot for the help.

kegobeer

Does your server run PHP in safe mode?

prence

vilbs

Just so you know... I had the same problem and it was only solved by making BOTH the code changes not just the first one.  Great piece of software - many thanks :D

kegobeer

Thanks for the report.  I modified my batch add sticky post to include both possible code changes.