Problems with Custom Thumbnails for WMV files Problems with Custom Thumbnails for WMV files

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Problems with Custom Thumbnails for WMV files

Started by clefty, July 14, 2005, 06:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clefty

Hi Guys,

I could be being completely stupid here, but I've followed the manual and had a good search through the board before I posted, so forgive me if this has been answered before.

I'm trying to put a custom thumbnail on a WMV file, I've uploaded the thumbnail making it the same name as my video and prefixing it with 'thumb_' however I get this message on my album when i try to view the thumbnailed video

Warning: getimagesize(albums/Wales%202005/thumb_MVI_1806-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cpg133/include/functions.inc.php on line 1065

the file is definitely there, so I cant understand what I'm doing wrong.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Cheers

~clefty

kegobeer

Here's an example:

Video name is myvideo.wmv, uploaded to albums/uploads
Make a thumbnail called myvideo.jpg, and FTP it to albums/uploads

That's all you do.

You should post a link to your gallery so we can take a look.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

clefty

Thanks for your reply

Ok, here's what I'm doing

FTP video to directory under Albums myvideo.wmv
FTP myvideo.jpg to same directory
In batch add add the video (but not the thumbnail picture)
When I go to view the vid in the album it still has the standard thumbnail

gallery is under photos on www.clefty.com, under UK/Wales/Wales 2005 (its on the last page)

thanks

~clefty

Joachim Müller

OK, next time please post a deep link, don't make us click through many pages: the actual location is http://82.112.125.148/cpg133/displayimage.php?pos=-794 :
http://claire.veriovps.co.uk/cpg133/albums/Wales%202005/MVI_1806-1.wmv (the video file) is where it is suppossed to be, but http://claire.veriovps.co.uk/cpg133/albums/Wales%202005/thumb_MVI_1806-1.jpg (this would be the proper custom thumbnail) is not there, so apparently you haven't uploaded the thumbnail where it should have gone, or you have named it wrong

clefty

sorry about that.

ok I've now uploaded the thumbnail thumb_MVI_1806.jpg and am now getting the following error

Warning: getimagesize(albums/Wales%202005/thumb_MVI_1806-1.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/cpg133/include/functions.inc.php on line 1065

Is there a specific size and or format I need to have the thumb in? Its currently in a 100 x 75 Jpeg

Thanks

~clefty

Nibbler

clefty

That's cracked it, brilliant - thanks for your help.

had to deleted and re-add the files and album but it works, which is the main thing.