Destination directory albums/albums/ is not writable by the script ! Destination directory albums/albums/ is not writable by the script !

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Destination directory albums/albums/ is not writable by the script !

Started by Englyst, June 17, 2005, 08:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Englyst

I get the error in the subject when tryin gto upload images, either as admin or registered user. The folder permissions should be ok!

Destination directory albums/albums/ is not writable by the script !

File: /hsphere/local/home/halfi/skaarberg.dk/db_input.php - Line: 242

Anyone seen this?

Joachim Müller

I don't think that the permissions are OK, this is a very common error that hints on permission issues. If you're absolutely sure that permissions are set up correctly, take a look at the ownership (CHOWN).

Englyst

Englyst

Hi again.

I've checked up on the permission properties but still it gives me the same error. Was wondering why it writes the path "albums/albums/" ?? That just doesn't seem like being in existence :)

kegobeer

Do you have albums/albums specified as your albums directory in your config settings?  That's the only way it would be trying to write to that directory.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Englyst

My settings look allright:

This is taken from the config page:

The album directory * = albums/
The directory for user files * = albums/

Englyst

Ahhh, fixed it! I put userpics/ into the user files directory and it now works :) I don't know why it was set to albums/ in the first place..