Is there a way to upload more than 5 files at one time? Is there a way to upload more than 5 files at one time?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Is there a way to upload more than 5 files at one time?

Started by xbritney, July 18, 2005, 10:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbritney

Is there a way to upload more than 5 files at one time? beause I have over 16,000 photos I need to upload to my website so far I uploaded 209 images.

Nibbler

Use batch add if you have a whole batch of files to add.

xbritney

Quote from: Nibbler on July 18, 2005, 11:00:07 PM
Use batch add if you have a whole batch of files to add.

It says

"This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files"

and no place to Select the directory

xbritney

I just uploaded all my files to my website and now I when and clicked Batch add files and this is what it says

"This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.
Select the directory where you have uploaded your files"

but there is no place to Select the directory it just say that text and thats it. Is there a place I need to upload the files to?

Nibbler

Yes, you should create yourself a new folder in Coppermine's 'albums' folder and upload your files into subfolders of that. This is all explained in the documentation that comes with Coppermine.

Joachim Müller

did you actually read the documentation that comes with coppermine and that is available on this page as well (link at top of the page)? It says you must use an FTP app to upload your pics into a subfolder of your "albums" folder (not the "userpics" folder, but another one you have to create first).

Joachim Müller

merged the two nearly identical threads that xbritney started on the same thing. Alas, the two threads have been answered by different supporters at different times, so the replies may seem "out of sync" and doubled as well. You can use this thread as an example for what happens if you double-post: you cause double work for supporters, and others who might read this thread will find it confusing.

@xbritney: in the future, don't double-post and read the docs and the faq first. Then search the board (as your question has been asked many times over already). Only if you don't find an answer, you should post!