I am new I get this error uploading pics please help if possible I am new I get this error uploading pics please help if possible

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

I am new I get this error uploading pics please help if possible

Started by mitch, August 23, 2005, 03:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitch

The picture 'albums/userpics/GregMarsh~1.JPG' can't be inserted in the album

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127

Cmd line :
convert -quality 80 -antialias -geometry 133x100 'albums/userpics/GregMarsh~1.JPG' 'albums/userpics/thumb_GregMarsh~1.JPG'

The convert program said:

File: /home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/photo/db_input.php - Line: 289

Nibbler

Discover the correct path to the imagemagick convert program and enter it into coppermine's config screen. If IM is not installed check to see if GD2 is installed.

mitch

GD2 is not installed, our host says it is not a "viable option"

I have listed the path as: /usr/bin/X11/

that is where our host has it installed

kegobeer

Hmm, a host that didn't compile PHP with GD support.  Haven't seen too many of them.

First, how did a picture get into the /userpics directory?  Did you FTP the image there?  If a user uploads a picture via the web interface, Coppermine automatically creates a subdirectory in /userpics for them.  For example, /userpics/10002/ would be the directory for the 2nd member of your gallery.  If you uploaded the image using FTP, you need to read the documentation regarding the proper way to batch add images.

Second, this sounds like a permission problem.  Verify you set permissions for /albums and all files and subdirectories inside it to 777.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kissfatdog

We tried uploading them via the web. Imagemagick returned an error #127. We added the images via FTP to try and batch add them, that also didnt work. All Albums and subdirectories are set to 777. Any other tips?

Our host switched servers on us recently and has screwed up our site heavily, we have had to reinstall mambo and coppermine, luckily phpbb was ok.

Thanks.

kegobeer

Have you asked your host about ImageMagick permissions and the error you get?  If they recently did work, that may be the root of your problem.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kissfatdog

They looked into the problem for us, it turns out it was a safe mode issue, they turned off safe mode and Boom, everything worked well. Thanks for you help!

Joachim Müller

If a webhost turns on safe mode in the first place, there should be good reasons for doing so. If he is willing to disbale it for you just because you ask him to, then there's something fishy with the security concept of this webhost, so I would consider finding another one.