'Batch Uploading' Help needed 'Batch Uploading' Help needed

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

'Batch Uploading' Help needed

Started by heletia, September 11, 2005, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heletia

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me in laymans terms how to set this bacth loading up??

I hope I am understanding it correctly as I have picture albums at msn groups that I want to be able to transfer over to my coppermine gallery - can this be done using the batch uploading tools??

Thank you
Heletia

artistsinhawaii

Heletia,

Hi.

I believe the batch upload feature only works with files that one ftp's into folders under the "Your_Coppermine_Gallery/albums" directory. This can be any subdirectory (folder) in the albums directory with the exception of the "userpics" folder which is reserved for uploads by other users of your coppermine gallery.   It does not work with remote folders on other websites.

What you can do, however, is use a FTP program like Ws_FTP, SmartFTP, or CuteFTP to copy your image folders and files from your MSN site to your new CPG/albums folder.  You will need admin/FTP privileges for the MSN site to do this.  For further instructions on using these FTP programs, you will need to consult the programs help files.

Once you have copied your files into the albums folder, run the batch upload utility to assign them to the proper albums in your Coppermine installation.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

heletia

Hello Dennis,

Thank you very much for your reply.  I appreciate all your help.

Bye
Heletia

artistsinhawaii

You're most welcome, Heletia. 
I wish you success in migrating your website to a coppermine one.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.