File Upload Issue File Upload Issue

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

File Upload Issue

Started by actcom, September 15, 2005, 05:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

actcom

I understand that this has been asked before but I have gone through this forum on and off all day and have done everything I think I'm supposed to do and still cannot get this thing to work right. My host (hostgator) offers Fantastico, Coppermine was included. It was automatically installed from Fantastico. It worked for months, it worked this morning and then all of the sudden, on the 4th file upload, it didn't work anymore. Below is the error message:

No file was uploaded !

If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...

File: /home/actorsup/public_html/actordirectory/db_input.php - Line: 221

I have spent all day trying to solve this issue with my host. They are unable to help me although they could upload files just fine and I find myself here. OS is Linux, PHP version 4.3.11, mySQL 4.1.13 standard, Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)
Link to the gallery is http://www.actorsupport.org/actordirectory and an account has been set up for testing purposes. Username - test, Password - test

Please help me, it's driving me nuts. I am not computer savvy but I have tried very hard to follow instructions to the letter.

Nibbler

You need to allow uploads to a public album or enable 'Can have a personal gallery' before anyone can upload anything using that test account.

actcom

My bad. Fixed it now and thanks for such a quick reply.  :)

Joachim Müller

the test user is not allowed to upload. Please don't make it so hard to support you. Set the test user account up properly and test the upload capability before posting again.

actcom

I had a death in my family and was just not thinking of following up on this forum. My issue was resolved with my host. I did not intentionally try to make it difficult for anyone to help me, I adjusted the settings to try and enlist help from someone here and it was solved by my host before anyone here checked it out. Please don't assume that people are trying to mess with you...if I said I adjusted settings, then I did. Since the issue has been solved I adjusted them back. ALL this happened before anyone here did anything.