Correcting the order of the images without reloading them? Correcting the order of the images without reloading them?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Correcting the order of the images without reloading them?

Started by ortem, September 22, 2005, 04:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ortem

I have a sequence of images that need to be in a certain order. I uploaded the first one first thinking that the next ones would go in order afterward but I was mistaken. The last ones loaded into an album are first.

How would I re-arrange the order of the images/thumbnails without starting all over again?

Thank you.

Aditya Mooley

Set the Default sort order for files under Thumbnail View in Config to the order which matches your requirements.
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

ortem

hey Aditoya

thanks for the input but that is not going to help me... there is no paticular date/name/title to sort by, the only true sequence is in the photos themselves

also... I have loaded other albums properly... I just need to rearrange 1 that has 50 images - that setting you suggested is global

I need to go into the code and rearrange them... does anyone one know how to do this?

artistsinhawaii

Since you only want to address one album, you could rename each file from the Edit File option under each intermediate pic and rename each filename with a numbered prefix, i.e. : 001_filename.jpg, 002_filename.jpg...
All files would then sort nicely by filename.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

there's a custom sort order mod available as well, search the mods/hacks board. However, the suggestion made by Dennis would be the recommended way.

ortem

ah-ha!

thank you for helping me work that one out

enjoy the rest of the weekend!

:)