size too high: connection reset in browser size too high: connection reset in browser

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

size too high: connection reset in browser

Started by mobileric, March 26, 2006, 10:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobileric

hello,

i have problems when i try to upload too large files. i choose the file i want, click ok and my browser says the connection was reseted. so there are no debug infos i could post. batch uploading works fine with too large files. phpinfo says my server has gd 1.6.2

uploading smaller files works great

i´d be very glad to be helped

test it yourself: http://www.salzwimmer.at/fotogalerie/index.php?lang=english_gb
user: test
pass: aa

i searched the forum, but didn´t find anything
thanks for your time

Joachim Müller

mobileric

thanks for your reply.
i am unsure about
4. memory_limit - 8MB is the default size
and
5. PHP's LimitRequestBody - 512KB default limit

what do they do? my host runs on redhat/apache. is this 512kb limit ok or should it be higher, eg 8mb?

i do not have access to the server config, and i´m asking instead of trying because i want to be sure what to say them

Joachim Müller

usually memory limit - 8MB is a very low value.

mobileric

ok,

so if i have 10 upload fields, and the maximum filesize should be 2048kB, then would it be correct to use for post_max_size and memory_limit 20MB? but what for phps limitrequestbody? what should this be? also 20mb? im sorry but i have no plan how these variables differ ???

thanks!

Joachim Müller

no, the memory needed is not the sum of file sizes, but depends on dimensions and color depth of the files you upload, as the memory is being consumed by the calculation of the of intermediate image and the thumbnails. Please search the board if you want an exact number, the formula has been posted several times already.

mobileric

did it,

but found no formula (searched for "formula" and "memory_limit")
either i am blind or don´t know how to search i board (hope the first one ;))

don´t even want to know an exact value, let´s say, would be 50mb ok?

Joachim Müller

mobileric

so i told my provider to set:
upload_max_filesize: 2MB
post_max_size: 20MB
memory_limit:50MB
PHP's LimitRequestBody:2MB, or leave it as it was if above values were not ok

ill tell you if i know more