Upload & Display Problems Upload & Display Problems

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Upload & Display Problems

Started by miershpedankl, May 12, 2006, 05:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miershpedankl

I am having a similar problem to this, except I can see SOME pictures.  However, they seem to come and go.  One day I can see pics from an album, the next day I can't. 

Right now it looks like there are two albums visible: http://www.the-lee-family.us/coppermine/index.php

When uploading a batch do you have to keep the files in the index/default folder?  I have been trying to figure out a rhyme or reason as to why they come and go, or why I can't see a bunch of pics right now.  Does it have to so with my host?

Thanks,
miershpedankl

Paver

It's best to use a new thread unless your problem is exactly the same as the previous one.  If it seems related, feel free to include references to the other threads.  In this case, I don't think this is related to the thread you replied to.

Are you saying after you upload new files, they display fine, but later they stop being displayed?

Right now, it looks like some photos are missing their thumbnails while others are missing their thumbnails and themselves!  How are you uploading files? 

I would take a look using FTP to see if the files that don't display are present on the server.  Right-click on the missing image on the web page, click Properties or Copy Image Location, then look for that file in the directory shown.  If the files are missing, you have to figure out what's happening.  Coppermine does not move files after they are placed during the upload process.

If the files are there, then check their permissions in FTP (using Properties or CHMOD or whatever your FTP program calls it).  Make sure the files are all 644 or 755.  See permissions in the Coppermine docs if you have questions about this.

miershpedankl

Thanks for the reply!

QuoteAre you saying after you upload new files, they display fine, but later they stop being displayed?
That is correct.  I was actually able to view all of the photos in Coppermine, but now, as you have seen, many will not display.  Weird.  I batch-added a bunch of photos yesterday, just the same way, and they are showing fine.  The only thing that comes to mind is when I batch-add a "thumbnail" file is added, but it doesn't actually upload, so I have un-checked it to save the hassle of getting the error that it would generate.  Should I leave it alone?  I did the same thing with the files yesterday though and they are showing fine.

QuoteI would take a look using FTP to see if the files that don't display are present on the server.  Right-click on the missing image on the web page, click Properties or Copy Image Location, then look for that file in the directory shown.  If the files are missing, you have to figure out what's happening.
I am going to take your advice and see if I can find an inconsistency in files.  I have uploaded some of these photos from work by FTP via Internet Explorer and then at home using SmartFTP, but all the permissions and such seem to be the same, SmartFTP is just more effecient in getting things transferred.  I will try your advice to see if I am missing something somewhere.

Thanks a ton!
miershpedankl