upload webcam photo directly to a album upload webcam photo directly to a album

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

upload webcam photo directly to a album

Started by Preben, February 05, 2006, 08:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preben

Is it possible to upload photos frome my live webcam Toshiba IK-WB11A directly to a photo album?
The wecam have a build in sever and a ftp function and 1 want to upload 1 photo every 60 minutes, so it can be seen straight away in the gallery album.
Or must i have to make it manual?

Joachim Müller

It's possible to come up with a custom script that polls a certain location and publish it, however coppermine doesn't come with such a feature out-of-the-box, so you'd have to come up with such a script on your own. You'll need something that can trigger the script (on Lunix boxes you usually use a cron job for this). However, the modifications/coding needed are pretty advanced, so unless you're a very good coder, I suggest you do this manually. If pics from your webcam are the only pictures you want to publish, then I suggest searching for another gallery app - I'm convinced that there are apps that do exactly what you want to accomplish.

Preben

samiwas

I know a way to serv webcams with coppermine.  ;D
but may not post it here. Cuz i am affraid. :D
just u need to remove one + 1 and  is done. ???

Joachim Müller

then why even bother to post, if you know something and tell the world that you know it, but you're not going to tell?