Funky Batch Issue Funky Batch Issue

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Funky Batch Issue

Started by jr1001, June 01, 2006, 09:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jr1001

I did a clean install of 1.4.6 yesterday and started adding my albums. I am using ImageMagick.

I've read and reread the FAQ, searched the forums and am unable to find my specific issue.

Here's my process and problem:

1) I upload files to ftp /albums/albumxyz/
2) I set the permissions on "albumxyz" to chmod 777
3) I go into Batch add files
4) I select the "albumxyz" folder
5) I get the list of images I just uploaded, and I confirm with "OK"
6) I get the thumbnail version/checklist of all my images (checked)
7) I select "Insert Selected Files"
8) I get a page full of PB errors (the file could not be added, check your configuration and the permission of directories where the files are located)

Like I said - the file permissions are set to 777 and the file size for MAX upload is slightly lower than the setting on my server (8M).

9) I hit the back button - or - I check my album (albumxyz) in FTP - and all images have been deleted out of the directory. When I hit the back button - it now says "no files to display".

jr1001

I forgot to add in my original post that uploading via HTTP does work. However, given the number of images and albums I have to upload, I would prefer to get this batch upload process working.

Like I said - it worked fine for the first 10 albums. This just started happening during the past 2 album upload attempts.

I manuall uploaded a couple of albums (with only 5-6 images) - but for others with 20-30 images - the batch process really is the more efficient and preferred route to take.

Joachim Müller

Do as Nibbler suggested if you want help.

jr1001

oh ok - I activated debugging etc - the url is:

http://gallery.robitzsch.com/

User: test
pass: test

Thanks in advance!