slideshow link don't work slideshow link don't work

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

slideshow link don't work

Started by Essie, June 16, 2006, 03:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie

I just upgraded to cpg1.4.8. I don't know what's causing the slideshow link to not work.  Every time I click
on the slideshow button, I get an error page. I don't think it's the htaccess or the template files that's causing.

I had this problem for quite some time and I used to think it was a bug from previous version (cpg1.4.4).
But I am getting the same problem here with the new version so I figure it must be something I did wrong.
But I can't figure out where it went wrong.
Thanks.

Paver

Please provide a link to your site, with a specific link to a page that gives the error.  Also provide the error message here.

Essie

I just post the link above.  The error msg is just a 404 error message.
In order words, it says the page do not exists.

Thanks.  Essie

Paver

Disable the SEF_URLS plugin.  It's experimental, and it looks like you are having issues with rendering the slideshow URL.  If you really want it to work, take a look at the support threads for it on the plugins board. 

Essie

Oops... I did not know URL SEO friendly was a plugin.  It been a long time since I added that plugin.
I just updated it and it's working fine including the slideshow link. :D

I noticed there is an error in the .htaccess code.
The line that reads is incorrect:
Options FollowSymLinks SymLinksIfOwnerMatch

The above code will lead to 403 forbidden error pages.  >:(

It needs to be changed into:
Options +FollowSymLinks

Then it won't cause the errorpages.  :D