How to create custom page with theme layout How to create custom page with theme layout

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

How to create custom page with theme layout

Started by orphaze, May 10, 2006, 07:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orphaze

I would like to create a page on my coppermine gallery called "Gear" where I can do a quick write up on what cameras I'm shooting with and such. How would I go about creating a php page that includes my current layout/theme and my html code for the write up? I have no custom headers or footers and I know how to add a custom nav link and all that good stuff, I'm just hung up on how to create the page itself.

I spent a bit of time hacking the faq.php page to accomplish this but it seemed sloppy and I really didn't understand what I was doing. I imagine there is a simple and elegant way to do this with a few lines of code (We newbies always say stuff like that don't we, but I really think it's true this time!) - I just need one of the many smart people around here to point me in the right direction ;-) Thanks!

Tranz

<?php 
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);
require(
'include/init.inc.php');
pageheader('Gear');
?>

quick write up on what cameras I'm shooting with and such

<?php
pagefooter
();