Automatically detect imagemagick path, really?! Automatically detect imagemagick path, really?!

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Automatically detect imagemagick path, really?!

Started by AvrilBoi, July 31, 2006, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AvrilBoi

My hosting provider does have imagemagick.
I asked them the path to it, and they told me:
"Many users use imagemagick but nobody ever asked us the paths.
Even asking our technical department and other users, they told us that the script shuold automatically detect or take automatically the server configurations.
Our technical department has tried to look for the path, but didn't manage to solve your request (they don't get any directory or folder to tell you).
Try asking some webmasters who already use it."

I don't really think that a script could detect it automatically, but I'm not sure so I'm here to ask you confirm about that: can a script detect the imagemagick path automatically?

Anyway, I tried a lot of combinations... usr/bin, urs/bin/convert and all the usual paths... but nothing, when I try to renew my old thumbnails using imagemagick there are errors.
I could use GD2, but I want to be confirmed about the automatic detection anyway.

Nibbler

It could, but not in a way that would work reliably and safely on different platforms.

IMHO if your host can't find the path to imagemagick then you should be looking for a more competent host.

Joachim Müller

Use GD2, it won't make a big difference anyway.

AvrilBoi

Do you know any script that could help me finding the path?

Nibbler

AvrilBoi

Quote from: Nibbler on July 31, 2006, 09:56:17 PM

<?php

passthru
('which convert');

I get /usr/bin/convert... but when i put this in coppermine, the thumbnail generation doesn't work... is it a problem of the hosting now right?

Nibbler

If convert is at /usr/bin/convert then the path to it is /usr/bin/ If you need upload support then make a new thread.

AvrilBoi

I have tried with usr/bin 5 minutes ago, and it didn't work. Now, without making changes in the configuration panel... it works! => I think they've done something to the server and now it works...

Nibbler

I notice you keep leaving off the / at the start of your paths. I don't know if you put them into config like that or not but the leading slash is vital.

AvrilBoi

No, I put it, I just didn't put it here to make the post "shorter"... but in the configuration everything is OK. ;)