upload problem upload problem

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

upload problem

Started by Swissy, October 17, 2006, 09:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swissy

Hi all,
got a problem. My webhost provider had Coppermine 1.3.3 as an installable feature. I installed it and while everything looked ok, I could not upload files. I thought maybe upgrading to 1.4.9 would solve things so I did that first. I am still having the errors. I made sure that the file directories on the server were CHMod 777 (tried 755 as well). I should mention that the install script from my webhost created the SQL database and linked it to this gallery.

I followed the guide posted a number of times- made sure that only 1 file was allowed to be uploaded, and so on. This is the error I get in the upload screen...

The file 'albums/userpics/10002/fish.jpg' can't be inserted in the album
Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.
File: /usr/home/webbird/public_html/sterling/db_input.php - Line: 402

The file is within the size limits - both screen size and file size. In looking in the file directory via FTP, the file (fish.jpg) is in the directory, but no thumbnail is.

a test user account has been setup with an album to use...
user= test
password= testuser

this is the debug info...
USER:
------------------
Array
(
    [ID] => 375e063bc315b0e4eceb7eb0c67070f7
    [am] => 1
)

==========================
USER DATA:
------------------
Array
(
    [user_id] => 2
    [user_name] => test
    [groups] => Array
        (

• => 2
            )

[disk_max] => 1024
        [disk_min] => 1024
        [can_rate_pictures] => 0
        [can_send_ecards] => 0
        [ufc_max] => 0
        [ufc_min] => 0
        [custom_user_upload] => 0
        [num_file_upload] => 1
        [num_URI_upload] => 0
        [can_post_comments] => 1
        [can_upload_pictures] => 1
        [can_create_albums] => 1
        [has_admin_access] => 0
        [pub_upl_need_approval] => 0
        [priv_upl_need_approval] => 0
        [group_name] => Registered
        [upload_form_config] => 0
        [group_quota] => 1024
        [can_see_all_albums] => 0
        [group_id] => 2
    )

Queries:
    ------------------
    Array
    (

• => SELECT extension, mime, content, player FROM cp_filetypes; (0s)
        [1] => select * from cp_plugins order by priority asc; (0s)
        [2] => delete from `webbird_cpm1`.cp_sessions where time<1161107960 and remember=0; (0s)
        [3] => delete from `webbird_cpm1`.cp_sessions where time<1159901960; (0s)
        [4] => select user_id from `webbird_cpm1`.cp_sessions where session_id=md5("69cdfb2647f3b9b5d3889f60baf3c51a3648dd06fe162d7b4b3cfaaa100bc3b3"); (0s)
        [5] => select user_id as id, user_password as password from `webbird_cpm1`.cp_users where user_id=2 (0s)
        [6] => SELECT u.user_id AS id, u.user_name AS username, u.user_password AS password, u.user_group+100 AS group_id FROM `webbird_cpm1`.cp_users AS u INNER JOIN `webbird_cpm1`.cp_usergroups AS g ON u.user_group=g.group_id WHERE u.user_id='2' (0s)
        [7] => SELECT user_group_list FROM `webbird_cpm1`.cp_users AS u WHERE user_id='2' and user_group_list <> ''; (0s)
        [8] => SELECT MAX(group_quota) as disk_max, MIN(group_quota) as disk_min, MAX(can_rate_pictures) as can_rate_pictures, MAX(can_send_ecards) as can_send_ecards, MAX(upload_form_config) as ufc_max, MIN(upload_form_config) as ufc_min, MAX(custom_user_upload) as custom_user_upload, MAX(num_file_upload) as num_file_upload, MAX(num_URI_upload) as num_URI_upload, MAX(can_post_comments) as can_post_comments, MAX(can_upload_pictures) as can_upload_pictures, MAX(can_create_albums) as can_create_albums, MAX(has_admin_access) as has_admin_access, MIN(pub_upl_need_approval) as pub_upl_need_approval, MIN( priv_upl_need_approval) as  priv_upl_need_approval FROM cp_usergroups WHERE group_id in (2) (0s)
        [9] => SELECT group_name FROM  cp_usergroups WHERE group_id= 2 (0s)
        [10] => update `webbird_cpm1`.cp_sessions set time='1161111560' where session_id=md5('69cdfb2647f3b9b5d3889f60baf3c51a3648dd06fe162d7b4b3cfaaa100bc3b3'); (0s)
        [11] => SELECT user_favpics FROM cp_favpics WHERE user_id = 2 (0s)
        [12] => DELETE FROM cp_banned WHERE expiry < '2006-10-17 18:59:20' (0s)
        [13] => SELECT * FROM cp_banned WHERE (ip_addr='69.178.30.77' OR ip_addr='69.178.30.77' OR user_id=2) AND brute_force=0 (0s)
        [14] => SELECT aid FROM cp_albums WHERE visibility != '0' AND visibility !='10002' AND visibility NOT IN (2) (0s)
        [15] => SELECT category FROM cp_albums WHERE aid='2' and (uploads = 'YES' OR category = '10002') (0s)
    )

GET :
    ------------------
    Array
    (
    )

Array
    (
        [album] => 2
        [MAX_FILE_SIZE] => 2097152
        [title] =>
        [caption] =>
        [keywords] =>
        [event] => picture
    )

Page generated in 0.143 seconds - 16 queries in 0 seconds - Album set : ; Meta set: ;

Swissy

should give the addy to the gallery (duuuhhhhh!)

http://www.web-birds.com/sterling

Joachim Müller

Nibbler

Have you tried switching to GD2 in config?

Swissy

Quote from: GauGau on October 17, 2006, 11:38:19 PM
In fact, you should do exactly as suggested in the docs: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

I did that tho... the section on "4.11.4 Upload troubleshooting" - "# Set the upload form configuration for all groups to "Single file uploads only" (set File upload boxes to "1", URI upload boxes to "0" and No. of boxes to "fixed")"

crap, I'll even make an admin account for you to check if you want...

Quote from: Nibbler on October 17, 2006, 11:45:25 PM
No, actually I have not. I thought since the thing was installed from my webhost company initally, that they had it set the way they wanted it. Dumb me... I'll try that now

Swissy

Quote from: Nibbler on October 17, 2006, 11:45:25 PM

Oh good Lord... 

that did it. Why would they set it to ImageMagik when it wouldn't work??  Oh well.. thanks. working fine now  ::)

Nibbler

The people who made the autoinstaller don't understand Coppermine. We always recommend people to use the proper installer that we provide.