How do I allow hotlinking FROM other sites? How do I allow hotlinking FROM other sites?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

How do I allow hotlinking FROM other sites?

Started by madwhitehat, February 01, 2007, 02:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madwhitehat

Thank you in advance for your help. The other question that I asked was answered within 10 or so minutes and my ignorance was dealt with in a patient and understanding manner.  ;)

I own several sites containing pics that I would like to add to albums in Coppermine. It appears that Coppermine only allows pics to be uploaded from a hard drive or another website. Of course, doing this would force me to have two copies of each of these pics on my sever. I would like to avoid this if possible. Is there any way around this? Thanks again for your help.

eruss

Quote from: madwhitehat on February 01, 2007, 02:33:22 AM
Thank you in advance for your help. The other question that I asked was answered within 10 or so minutes and my ignorance was dealt with in a patient and understanding manner.  ;)

I own several sites containing pics that I would like to add to albums in Coppermine. It appears that Coppermine only allows pics to be uploaded from a hard drive or another website. Of course, doing this would force me to have two copies of each of these pics on my sever. I would like to avoid this if possible. Is there any way around this? Thanks again for your help.

Coppermine doesn't allow remote storage.  You can't link to an image elsewhere, you have to "upload" it into Coppemine.