Thumbnail view > Display album description not working as I thought Thumbnail view > Display album description not working as I thought

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Thumbnail view > Display album description not working as I thought

Started by hillman, March 16, 2007, 10:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillman

Hi, I've entered some description in my album under Properties > Album description. Now in Config, I also set Yes for Thumbnail view > Display album description. However, when I open my album under the thumbnail view, I can't see the album description at all. Is this not supposed to work? I'm running CPG 1.4.10.

Thanks!
Hillman

Joachim Müller

Post a link to your gallery and attach a screenshot of the corresponding config section to your posting (using "additional options" when composing your message).

hillman

My gallery can be found at: http://hillmanchan.net/ Please find the attached screenshot of my config. Thanks!

Nibbler

The 'Display album description' option does not actually do anything. It's not implemented.

Joachim Müller

So this is actually a bug - the option needs to be commented out. I'll move this thread to the bugs board then.

Joachim Müller

For cpg1.4.x: committed a change to most languages that will keep the option from being displayed, as it doesn't do anything. Will be in cpg1.4.13

For cpg1.5.0: set status of option to "hidden" in include/admin.inc.php. No change of language file needed. Will be in cpg1.5.0.

Marking thread as fixed.