importing database? importing database?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

importing database?

Started by bajs, April 10, 2007, 06:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bajs

I have an issue I wanted to ask about. Right now I have a gallery (version 1.4.3 I think) hosted on a server (call it server no 1). I wanted to move the gallery to a different server (sever no 2). On server no 2 I have uploaded coppermine version 1.4.10 ... I am now uploading the OLD album directory, from server 1, where I have all my pictures. But all other files, are directly from the zip folder I just unzipped, version 1.4.10.

Now I am not quite sure how to proceed. I dont want to start all over again .... Is there any way, if I get a database backup for version 1.4.3 which is located on server 1, to someway use that database for the new gallery, version 1.4.10 on sever2, so I wont have to batch add all the files (it is over 13 000 pictures, so it would require a lot of work)

Also I am not sure if I am to install the gallery, (server 2) or just "upgrade" it (server 2) ....

I hope this makes sense! If not please ask. I'd love some help, I feel completely lost!

Nibbler

Move the gallery and then update it. Both steps are described in the documentation.

bajs

OK. So I will just copy the files i have (version 1.4.3) and upload everything to the new server. Then I will import the database file.

After this, the gallery should be up and running (still version 1.4.3)

When it's working and up and running, I can upgrade it, by following the instructions given in the docs.

Is this the right way to do it? Or did i completely misunderstand you?  ??? I already uploaded version 1.4.10 to the new server, which I guess I shouldn't have done, so I'll just delete that one and do as stated above instead.

I'm just not sure how to import databases. I'll search the forum.

Thanks!

bajs

ohh and I also have a question, when moving the gallery, lets say I've moved all files to the new server, and I've imported the database, do I need to install the gallery again?

Nibbler

No, don't use install.php at all.

bajs

ok , I see. I imported the databse, but now the database and database user has a different name. so am I supposed to change the config.php file??? I changed the config.inc.php.sample file and insert this info:

<?php
// Coppermine configuration file

// MySQL configuration
$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'localhost';        // Your databaseserver
$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'newmysqlusername';        // Your mysql username
$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         'mypassword';                // Your mysql password
$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'newmysqlname';        // Your mysql database name

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX
$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'cpg132_';
?>

and I uploaded tis file, but when I go to the URL, I get

QuoteCoppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !
MySQL said: Access denied for user 'OLDmysqldatabasename'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

bajs

ok, it all fixed itself now. The file was uploaded into the wrong dir :P SOrry about that! All seems to be working just fine-fine :) Thank you for your help!  ;D

Sami

BTW you should insert new server info in to config.inc.php instead of config.inc.php.sample
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board