Problems with the characters Problems with the characters

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Problems with the characters

Started by tesala, November 14, 2007, 01:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesala

Hi!!!

I will try to explain my problem in english. I ask pardon for my bad English. :P

I have install my coppermine in spanish. i have all my databases in mysql in utf8-spanish-ci, except fields: filename, title, caption and keywords of the database _pictures, in which I can´t change the collation latin1_general_ci.

On the other hand, I have added more fields to extract more information about the IPTC metadata. I have change the archives: db_input.php, displayimage.php, edtiOnePic.php, english.php, image_processor.php, picmgmt.ini.php, search.ini.php, spanish.php, thumbnails.php, upload.php and xp_publish.php; and I have add 15 null fields in two tables: _config and _pictures (example: user_field6_name and user 6).

On the other hand, I write IPTC metadata in images with Photoshop Bridge.

I have problem whith some spanish characters: ñ and ´ when i put the images in the album and coppermine catch the metadata. It is a problem of the databases or the coppermine configuration????

How can i solve this problem???

Joachim Müller

IPTC does not support UTF-8. Has been discussed previously - please review those discussions.