Google Summer of Code 2008 - Page 2 Google Summer of Code 2008 - Page 2

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Google Summer of Code 2008

Started by Tranz, March 03, 2008, 06:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joachim Müller

@Thu: do you need a public sub-board to handle the discussion between students and mentors publicly without the need to answer individually by email? Just let me know - I can create such a sub-board in no time.

Joachim

Radyan

Hi everybody  ;)

I'm newbie here. I'm interested in become a GsoC-student and i have been reading the forum looking for ideas for my proposal.

I have just read what Thu Tu said about the mailing and i have a simple doubt. The e-mail address she let in her post is read for all mentors or only by her? It would be great that each mentor would have is own e-mail address for this purpose.

Joachim Müller

The eMail-address is read by Thu (because she's the GSoC-admin and in charge of all communication in the first place). Thu will forward the emails to the mentors if applicable. Additionally, student proposals get discussed on a dev-only board if needed. So don't worry, none of your input will get lost. Thu will contact the mentors if required.
Once/if you get accepted as a GSoC student for Coppermine, you will of course be able to communicate directly with the mentor as well as the rest of the dev team.

Joachim

Tranz

@Joachim: I guess it wouldn't hurt to have such a sub-board if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

@all: I've recently added a forward to our second organization administrator, Sawey. Between the two of us and the mentor mailing list, we'll be able to answer emails more quickly than before.

Joachim Müller

rpjanaka

Hi all,

Although I am just late, I got an interesting project from your organization. I have some unclear points with the "Scalability features"

it is clear that what should i do with "distributed photo storage"

But have some problems with what should i do with "User-based sharding"

is it something like Torrents....?

please help me
thank you

Joachim Müller

@rpjanaka: please use the sub-board that I mentioned just one posting above yours to discuss possible projects.

pehap

anything new? is the project completed ? Can you implement this  as a filmstrip pleeeeez http://sorgalla.com/jcarousel/

Joachim Müller

Please fix your keyboard - the "E" key appears to be stuck. Locking.