md5 renamed after upload? md5 renamed after upload?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

md5 renamed after upload?

Started by ericlin, July 01, 2007, 05:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericlin

Hello, everyone

I want to ask can it possible MD5 renames the picture itself after I finished uploading the photo?

(I had used the JUpload plugin http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=43432.0)

Joachim Müller

There's no built-in feature to accomplish this. If you need such a feature, you'll have to code it.

ericlin

Joachim Müller

By typing (that is: moving your fingers in a particular way) the PHP commands needed into your keyboard, using your favorite plain-text editor to edit the coppermine core files. The tricky bit is to come up with the stuff you need to write on your keyboard (the PHP commands): that's what we call "coding". The verb "to code" means "writing code (usually in a programming language).
In other words: if you need that feature, you'll have to learn how to write/edit programs written in PHP and add the PHP code needed for the feature you requested to the coppermine files at the proper place. Can't tell you more, as I'd need to code it as well to be able to tell you what to do. Won't do so, as your request is beyond the scope of what you can from "regular", unpaid support. If you need it badly and if you can't code, then hire someone to code it for you.

Joachim

P.S. Actually, MD5 is not involved - what you're actually looking for is coming up with a random renaming scheme as far as I can tell. MD5 is a method of one-way encryption that will lead to strangely-looking strings, but they are not an actual pre-defined feature.