No error message, but pics don't upload No error message, but pics don't upload

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

No error message, but pics don't upload

Started by ScottHughes, July 06, 2007, 07:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottHughes

I followed the troubleshoot guidelines at the following address:

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

I still don't get any error message when uploading a picture.

I upload the picture and everything goes through like it would if it worked, but then the picture never shows up. It just displays a red x or a small icon.

I created a test account with the following information:
username: test
password: test

The url is: http://camelswim.org/camelphoto/

The website worked fine until I moved it to a new host. However, I reinstalled coppermine and the install script said that it detected GD2, so it set all the settings automatically. I have no idea what is wrong.

Please help!

Hein Traag

I have not had my coffee yet so i am not awake yet. I know i have seen this before but can not yet remember where.
Attached a screenshot of what your cpg does with uploaded pics, maybe a other supporter or devver recognises this.

Sami

I've got a 403 Forbidden Error when I try to directly reach my uploaded photo
there could be a .htaccess or some file access restriction

Check if you don't have custom .htaccess on {gallery-root}/albums/10003 with file access restriction/rule
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Joachim Müller

...or within a folder above that sub-folder. Probably some improperly set-up hotlink protection.

ScottHughes

I don't have a custom .htaccess file in albums/10003 folder, nor do I have one in any of the coppermine folders. Some of the parent folders have .htaccess, but nothing that would affect this. They are just 301 redirects and setting the 404 error page.

I am on a shared host, and there are defaults. So, my host might have set some such restrictions.

I think I might of found the problem, though. When checking the file permissions of the newly uploaded pictures, I noticed they are 640, whereas the old pictures that were uploaded with the old host are 644. Since the old pictures display fine, and the new ones do not, I think this is definitely at least a symptom of the problem.

Okay, I just stopped in the middle of writing this to try something. I changed the broken pictures to 644, and they worked fine. So my problem is that when uploading new pictures they are automatically being set to 640, which denies the "world" any access at all. My questions are why does this happen, and more importantly how can I change it?

The parent folders are both 777.

Thanks,
Scott

Nibbler

Config page - Default mode for uploaded files.

ScottHughes

Quote from: Nibbler on July 06, 2007, 04:39:40 PM
Config page - Default mode for uploaded files.
That fixed it. Thank you!

It was so simple that I feel stupid.

Thanks again everybody,
Scott

Joachim Müller

"640" is not the default for that field - you must have changed it by accident before. Thanks for returning and posting your solution.