Thumbnail view > Display album description not working as I thought Thumbnail view > Display album description not working as I thought

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Thumbnail view > Display album description not working as I thought

Started by hillman, March 16, 2007, 10:45:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillman

Hi, I've entered some description in my album under Properties > Album description. Now in Config, I also set Yes for Thumbnail view > Display album description. However, when I open my album under the thumbnail view, I can't see the album description at all. Is this not supposed to work? I'm running CPG 1.4.10.

Thanks!
Hillman

Joachim Müller

Post a link to your gallery and attach a screenshot of the corresponding config section to your posting (using "additional options" when composing your message).

hillman

My gallery can be found at: http://hillmanchan.net/ Please find the attached screenshot of my config. Thanks!

Nibbler

The 'Display album description' option does not actually do anything. It's not implemented.

Joachim Müller

So this is actually a bug - the option needs to be commented out. I'll move this thread to the bugs board then.

Joachim Müller

For cpg1.4.x: committed a change to most languages that will keep the option from being displayed, as it doesn't do anything. Will be in cpg1.4.13

For cpg1.5.0: set status of option to "hidden" in include/admin.inc.php. No change of language file needed. Will be in cpg1.5.0.

Marking thread as fixed.