Howto redirect all useruploads in one folder? Howto redirect all useruploads in one folder?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Howto redirect all useruploads in one folder?

Started by Riox, August 03, 2007, 12:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riox

I use CPG 1.4.12 only for Flashfiles and upload a preview (.jpg) with it in the same folder (Works great). Some time ago I allowed members to upload there own files to the public gallery. Problem is that they don't have a preview jpg so I have to add one. Since I can't put it in the same folder (/albums/userpics/10xxx) CGP won't show the preview.

How can I trick CPG to dump all uploads in the same folder?

I use SMF 1.1.3 (master) and the CPG bridge.

Nibbler

Why can't you add it to the same folder?

If you enable silly safe mode all uploads will go directly into userpics, but this is not really a good solution.

Riox

Ok … a user comes by and upload a .swf file. CPG puts the file in ../albums/userpics/10113/

I could use ftp to upload the .jpg into this folder but I can’t use "Batch add files" to put it in the gallery. If I don’t put it in the gallery CPG won’t show the .jpg picture instead of the default flash icon.

Nibbler

You don't batch add the thumbnail. Just get it uploaded with the correct name and Coppermine will use it.

Riox

Doesn’t work for me. The .swf and .jpg need to be in the same folder and I have to add the .jpg into some album. Otherwise it doesn’t work as intended.

Could be that my CPG is broken since I moved it 3 times 

Nibbler

Riox

Nibbler

Didn't ask for a PM. As expected, you are not naming the thumbnails correctly. The thumbnail for example.swf should be named thumb_example.jpg

Riox

Ok… if I hade spend a little more time before yelping… I was just so used to it. Uploading the two files, take with and height from the picture and push the file aside.

Thank you for your help :)

CPG Manual - 4.9.2 Custom Thumbnails