x264 videos producing "PB" image x264 videos producing "PB" image

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

x264 videos producing "PB" image

Started by Hijacker, September 13, 2007, 12:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijacker

Hey there,

I just uploaded a video I took during vacation and wanted to add it to the album. It's encoded with the x264 codec at highest quality and is 22mb in size.
Is the size a problem (some memory limits might be exceeded?), or is it that coppermine can't deal with x264 encoded videos? I'd really like to get that video available in my gallery... ;). The video doesn't even need to be processed or anything, so if there is any way how I could manually add the video to the appropriate album, would be nice if somebody could tell me ;).

Thanks,
Hijacker

P.S.: Using cpg1.4.10

Sami

Uploading a file with 22MB in size with http could face a timeout issue from server
Recommended method is ftp (Batch Add)
As it's a video file then Coppermine wouldn't go for thumbnail creation so you it doesn't have memory issue
Coppemine doesn't need to processing your video's codec , codec needed for local pc that want play the video
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

Hijacker

Yes, I of course uploaded the file via FTP ;).

As I said, I am already in the process of adding it to the album (Batch Add) and I get the red "PB" Image then. So the issue is not uploading, but inserting in the albums.

Thanks so far,
Hijacker

Joachim Müller

Post a deep link to the file you're having issues with.

Hijacker

http://www.sjuengling.de/gallery/albums/Abschlussfahrt_Nizza_2007/funkychicken.mp4

And if you watch the video.. Hey, I didn't take part. I just filmed. And they were drunk as hell! :P

Nibbler

Have you added .mp4 as a filetype using the filetypes plugin? If not then do so since Coppermine won't accept unknown filetypes.

Hijacker

Ohhh, it was a fileextension issue. Great. I did it manually in the DB, instead of installing your plugin. It worked.

Awesome, thank you all. Issue solved! :)

Cheers,
Hijacker

P.S.: I really hope that a fileextension editor makes it into some of the next releases, as suggested in the filetype plugin thread. I guess that's some essential thing ;). Also, I'd recommend to add a seperate link to manage the plugins in the templates. If I didn't administrate my gallery for quite some time and then want to change something with the plugins I usually keep searching around very long until I find the link to edit plugins in the Config menu ;)